[Kde-graphics-devel] New libkipi version and KDE release schedule

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Aug 15 15:16:12 UTC 2012

El Dimecres, 15 d'agost de 2012, a les 17:10:20, Albert Astals Cid va
escriure:
> El Dimecres, 15 d'agost de 2012, a les 16:55:07, vau escriure:
> > Albert,
> >
> > >Regarding when it could go to master, i guess it could go there now, if
> > >you
> > >
> > > have libkipi maintainer agreement and if you correctly fix the
> > > soversioning, etc issues.
> >
> > Victor work with me to libkipi, and i'm maintainer with other digiKam
> > developers.
> > I'm mentoring Victor for GOSC 2012...
> >

> > So he have my agreement of course, but as libkipi is published through
> > KDEGraphics, we must take a care about BC. I fixed API/ABI id in the
> > right way. The question is : as we break BC, can we merge libkipi
> > branch to master for next KDE 4.9.x, or we need to wait next 5.x
> > release ?
>
> No, you can't break BC nor SC in KDE 4.9.1
> You can put it in master for 4.10

Of course one of the things you can do if you want to have digikam use that
libkipi2 before we release 4.10 is releasing libkipi2 taking care it is side
by side installable with libkipi1 (i.e. headers go to different folders, there
is a correct versioning of the library, etc).

Cheers,
  Albert