[Kde-graphics-devel] New libkipi version and KDE release schedule

Victor Dodon dodonvictor at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 09:20:02 UTC 2012

Hello to all! My name is Victor Dodon. I am a GSoC student this year
and I work on the project "Porting libkipi, kipi-plugin s to KDE-XML
GUI' [1].

Currently I finished patching libkipi (on the git branch
development/2.0.0), digikam kipi interface (on git branch
development/3.0.0) and I almost finished finished patching
kipi-plugins (on the git branch development/3.0.0). This version of
libkipi (2.0.0) breaks the binary compatibility, that's why I would
like to know when it would be good to move the code to the git/master?
It would be possible to include libkipi 2.0.0 with the 4.10 release of
KDE SC? On [2] there is no information about the timeline of KDE SC
4.10.

It remains to talk with the developers of the other kipi host
applications: Gwenview, KSnapshot, KPhotoAlbum to patch these
applications.

Victor Dodon.

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2012/dodonvictor/10002
[2] http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.10_Release_Schedule