[Kde-graphics-devel] Re: kdegraphics git: This weekend?

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Thu Feb 17 22:15:21 CET 2011

Hi,

from my side we can convert this weekend. I have requested repos for our
orphan projects and will take care of them.

Some details:

1) On Friday evening about 8pm (central European time), I will start a
conversion process on dewey. The SVN copy from which the conversion is done is
synced every four hours, hence the SVN commit dealine on Friday morning

2) On Saturday, the repositories will be ready. I will send a mail. Download
your repo(s) to your local machine. Give it a last thorough control. If you
find a problem, we'll solve it, no problem to convert a single project later
again.
Push your repository. Tom has given detailed instructions.
Some hints: If there are any refs in backup/ (gitk --all, then F2, browse
list), you need to delete it with "git update-ref -d <...>". Otherwise the
audit scripts will refuse.
If you get audit errors because of End-of-line style or some other problem
with a historic commit, you need to post it in the sysadmin request on b.k.o.
and request audit exemption, which the sysadmins usually grant in short time.

3) Do all the steps that Tom describes in the sysadmin request.

4) Enjoy git (or fight with it a bit to get used to it, if you never used it
before...)

Marcel