[Kde-graphics-devel] Re: kdegraphics git: Repositories, conversion date

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Mon Feb 14 10:18:32 CET 2011

sorry for the late answer :(
On Wednesday 09 February 2011 19:25:35 Marcel Wiesweg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is a new revision of repositories for kdegraphics, and we should
> think about a common migration date.
>
> 1) I have worked on an improved rules file dedicated to kdegraphics, with
> hand-written parts for okular and gwenview. Changes:
>
> - gwenview has two main branches, gwenview1 and master ("gwenview 2").
> Apparently, gwenview 2 was a rewrite, so there are two parentless initial
> commits (though git found merge points from gwenview1 to master)

Gwenview 2 is indeed a rewrite. I am not git savvy enough to know if it is a
problem to have two parentless initial commits? Is it something which can
cause trouble? If so, can I do anything to help?

> Repos are available here:
> fish://git@dewey.kde.org/home/git/mwiesweg/modules/KDE/kdegraphics
> (ignore all old projects)
>
> 2) We should find agreement on a conversion date. kdelibs and kdebase are
> migrated, trunk is open, rules are mostly ready - we are pretty much ready.
> Any date soon is fine for me.
>
> The procedure is as follows:
> a) every maintainer requests a git repo for his project at
> https://sysadmin.kde.org/svnaccount/repo-request.php

I just requested a repo for Gwenview.

> b) The migration can work like this: We set a 36h period, for example
> Friday/Saturday. At Friday 8am SVN commits are stopped; Friday 8 pm
> repository creation is started on Dewey; Repos are finished on Saturday,
> can receive final testing, and are pushed Saturday afternoon.

It seems we passed this date. Do we have to migrate all at once?

Aurélien