[Kde-graphics-devel] Re: KSnapshot filenames workflow

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Mon Nov 15 12:51:23 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Cyrille Berger Skott
<cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> On Monday 15 November 2010, you wrote:
>> I think that's not a good idea. I may open the file in Krita to modify
>> it, then decide I do not need to modify it and leave Krita. Given that
>> I have not modified the file, I would never get asked to save/move it.
> Why, in that case, would a user expect the file to be saved anywhere ? At no
> point, he did a save action.

Because there is a filename in the window caption.

This confusion in the raison d'être of my "new workflow" proposal: in
every other application, when you see a filename in the window
caption, it means your current document is stored in the filename you
see in the caption; when you have not created a new document, the
window caption says "untitled" (or "untitled [modified]" if it's
unsaved but modified). IMHO in KSnapshot 4.5.3 and older (and in
current trunk) it's not clear at all when something is saved and when
it is not because the caption always shows a filename.

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org