[Kde-graphics-devel] Re: KSnapshot filenames workflow

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Thu Nov 11 13:36:21 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Anne-Marie Mahfouf
<annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr> wrote:

> Maybe I would use
>  "Untitled [modified]" as KWrite does instead of
> "unsaved screenshot [modified]"
> but that's a minor detail. I don't have Krita to see what's an unsaved
> document name is.

There seems to be no standard for this in KDE. A quick survey:

- KolourPaint, Kate: "untitled"
- Krita: "unnamed"
- KWord, KSpread, KPresenter, Karbon14, Ark: (nothing)
- Kexi: "New database"
- K3b: "K3b data project"
- Okteta: "[New Byte Array]"

I'm going to use "Untitled" but I think this needs some
standardization. Who should I address with a proposal?

> For the string freeze maybe you can ask for an exception providing you can do
> the fix quite soon.

I'll do what Alex Merry proposed: add I18N_NOOP("Untitled") today so
that it is available when the fix is ready

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org