[Kde-graphics-devel] ksnapshot patch

Richard Moore richmoore44 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 18:43:39 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 7:18 AM, Michael Giesler <michael at 4horsemen.de> wrote:
> If we don't want to add another element to the ui, I could write a configure
> dialog..
> At least I always use the same mode (fullscreen, window, ...), delay and
> window decoration mode - so it would make sense to move it to an own
> configuration window and add a new button "configure" beside the "help"
> button...
> This would make the ui even cleaner and it would be a great junior job for
> me.. ,-)

Sorry, one of the main strengths of the UI is that it isn't done this
way. The point is to provide a dialog style UI, no menu etc. to make
it very quick to use. This has downsides too of course, but it would
become a different program if that was changed. A short lived effort
to do so is kgrab in extra gear which is a fork of ksnapshot, but I
don't believe the maintainer is actively work on it. He doesn't seem
to have updated to take account of any fixes etc. I've done.

Cheers

Rich.