[Kde-graphics-devel] Quasar todo

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Fri Jun 13 01:19:43 CEST 2008

I've just updated the TODO in quasar.

The way I'd like to handle this is make a first official release Quasar, slap
0.9 number on it and release it once we have the following:

- Geometrical transformations
  - affine
  - projective

- True graph layout (currently only linear layout supported)

- Allowing output to multiple nodes

- Making RenderOutputNode also render to normal widgets

- Testing application showing all the filters

- All filters defined in SVG

- Creating PixmapInputNode and using pixmap_to_texture

- Using pbo's for texture uploads

- Simplify rendering by allowing setting output widget on
  the composition. e.g. Composition::setOutput

- Fix handling of domain of definition and region of interest

- Make sure video works correctly

I think this should be enough to get people really happy with this stuff.
After the first release once we get the opinions on it, do the api reviews
and release Quasar 1.0 with a nice api.

Also for those who are running Open Source OpenGL drivers, you probably
noticed that your current drivers don't handle GLSL to well (at all). I just
pushed some changes to Mesa gallium-0.1 repository so using software
rendering you can test out Quasar using the following :
git clone git://git.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa
cd mesa
git checkout -b gallium-0.1 origin/gallium-0.1
make linux-x86
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PWD/lib
And now quasar code will run but in software so it will be slow (usable but
slow).