[Kde-graphics-devel] Status update

Mosfet dan.duley at verizon.net
Mon Jan 3 14:53:32 CET 2005

Just so you all know, I'm back.

I finally got a new hard drive so rebuilt my system from scratch (LFS system
w/ gcc 3.4.3, libc 2.3.4, Xorg CVS, KDE CVS). It's been a while since I've
been able to check out KDE CVS head.

I also got the recent Qt beta. Seems pretty cool. I don't know if I will be
able to use Arthur for painting to images, tho. Too many things use pixmaps,
most notably brushes. This would make an image backend, something I want to
eventually do, inefficent (lots of pixmap<->image conversion).

We do have a couple libart-based painting classes, mostly for the SVG
applications. It would be interesting to look into doing a more complete one
with all of Arthur's features, (coordinate transformations, paths, etc...).
If I did this it would probably work on both QImage and MImage.

Right now I got to finish the MImage encoders. This will be most of the work I
have to finish before the first alpha.