[Kde-graphics-devel] KPdf evolution

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Tue Feb 15 18:00:10 CET 2005

Dnia poniedziałek, 14 lutego 2005 19:43, Gary L. Greene Jr. napisał:
> > > { Translation of text,
> >
> > Sorry, don't believe in good OSS solution in that matter, scrap it.
>
> Your opinion, not fact. No one should shoot an idea down based off
> current levels of expectation.

Such tool requires good, open and free dictionaries. Dict databases
aren't very good and broad. With phrasal and idiomatic things situation
is even worse.

What makes good application aren't only good interface and features but
data to present them. IMO many KDE applications reached
interface/features level equal (or even better) comparing to commercial
programs. There is still lack of data for presentation. And in some
areas data is crucial - here is the case.

Super, there will be great tool but without data to feed it. Why waste
effort for doing that?

EOT for me (at least here, maybe kde-devel would be better place).

m.