[Kde-graphics-devel] KPdf evolution

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Mon Feb 14 02:32:43 CET 2005

Dnia niedziela, 13 lutego 2005 18:56, Enrico Ros napisał:

> As of now, KPdf is the best opensource pdf viewer available but I think
> that it's unlikely to be included in distributions, replaced by acroread
> when it will be released. Unless it has unique features :-)
>
> Looking for unique features and this ML.... 2 things tied very closely!!
>
> - How can be a new generation EBOOK reader (yes, 'cause kpdf can support
> many formats, not only pdf, despite of its name) ??
> - What can a program offer you to help you reading / browsing through
> your documents ??
> { Translation of text,
Sorry, don't believe in good OSS solution in that matter, scrap it.

> Google-like indexing,
Should be done on another level. Don't be too fast.

> Summarizing,
Some sort of generated table of contents could be useful:
- list of graphics
- maybe list of links (internal, external)

> Page painting,
That could be useful in connection with annotations.

> Animations, OpenGL 3D book-like view, Brain
> content injectors, Retinal Beamers } ? :-) Maybe something more?

Before other things current features should be polished:
- better support for bookmarks
- better support for KTTSD (Read page, Read document)

And your TODO is really good roadmap :)

> I'm sure kpdf jurney will be lots of fun here!

Thanks for great app.

m.