[Kde-graphics-devel] Descriptions of new stuff

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Dec 15 18:28:03 CET 2004

On Wednesday 15 of December 2004 18:14, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Wednesday 15 of December 2004 16:21, Mosfet wrote:
> > The Imlib2 and Qt algorithms produce around the same quality, and are
> > optimized more for speed, so if your not happy with Qt's you probably
> > won't want to use Imlib's either. I assume you don't like the jaggies
> > when scaling up. I wouldn't be against having two separate methods: The
> > imlib2 port as a replacement for Qt::smoothScale for quick, reasonable
> > quality smoothscaling and ImageMagick stuff when you need better results.
>
>  Are you sure the imlib algorithm actually does smoothscale? Enlarged
> pictures in Kuickshow look just as blocky as with Qt. Since you called that
> section "smoothscaling" I thought it could be used instead of the
> ImageMagick stuff, but if only as good as Qt then I'm afraid it won't help
> in this specific case.

 Ok, I see Kuickshow uses Imlib1 and either there's a difference between the
two versions or Kuickshow doesn't bother using smoothing. From trying the
imlib2_view testapp it seems it can smoothscale much better than Qt , but I
don't feel like digging in Imlib2. It'd be nice if you could post your code
somewhere.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer