Keep KPPP alive

Olivier BELLEUX belleuxolivier at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 14:11:38 UTC 2017

Dear Albert Astals Cid,

I understand perfectly that it is impossible to find a developer who has the skills and resources to carry this port to kf5.

Unfortunately I am not a computer scientist but a lawyer ... so I would not be able to try it.

Of course kppp does not die with the release of Application 17.12 but it seems fairly obvious that my distribution (openSUSE Leap) will no longer distribute kppp in its OSS repository and that most major distributions will do the same. Perhaps a KDE4 repository will be created at the Open Build Service as for KDE3.

If Kppp were to "disappear" from my distro, I could always fall back on wvdial, but I think all potential kppp users will not have the skills to configure it properly.

Good Sunday, and thank you very much for your reply.

Goodbye

--
*Olivier BELLEUX[1]_ _*
*Fingerprint: ED10 47C7 C29B D767 E1DF A3AE C460 7DE0 64AA E60A*

--------
[1] belleuxolivier at gmail.com