Finding a new troubleless name for KSokoban

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Thu Aug 25 10:18:56 BST 2022

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau skreiv 24.08.2022 15:53:
> So could be KStoreKeeper, KWarehouseKeeper, KWarehouseMan (or some sex-
> ignoring variant like KWarehousePerson). Among these KStoreKeeper would be my
> current favourite due to shortage.

Hmm, I’m not very fond of prefixing everything with a K. And KDE has
mostly stopped doing this, which I think is a *good* thing. IMHO, more
natural-sounding names – like Krita, Okular, Elisa, Parley and Spectacle
– work better. And it’s better if the name *doesn’t* start with a K, so
that the ‘games’ category isn’t filled up with games starting with the
same letter (we already have KBlocks, KBounce, KBreakOut,
KFourInKGoldrunner, Kolf, Kollision, KSnakeDuel etc.).

I don’t have any specific suggestions. For me, Skladnik (with a capital
S, as applications using a lowercase first letter are complicated to
handle in sentences) is OK. But maybe a bit difficult to pronounce, due
to the ‘skl’ sound?

Also, it might be be an idea to base the name on something *other* than
a warehouse worker. The metadata for the game currently *does* say that
‘you are a warehouse keeper trying to push crates to their proper
locations in a warehouse’. But when I start the game, I found that I’m a
man with no feet pushing human-sized jewels to green manhole covers. And
it doesn’t take place in a warehouse, but in small brick rooms floating
in space. Very confusing! :)

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer