T10243: Some KDE applications could use better icons

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jan 24 05:42:57 GMT 2020

cullmann added a comment.

  In T10243#218612 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T10243#218612>, @filipf wrote:

  > Are you sure this is the best decision though? Icon themes will just theme the new icon again, it will only have a short-term effect.

  But than at least they theme the new one. Otherwise I will manually need to ping all themes around to update theirs, or?
  And what is with themes no longer maintained? There Kate will be stuck with the themed old icon forever ;=)

  In T10243#218613 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T10243#218613>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Meanwhile I'm not actually seeing the new icon after updating the app from current git master. It should really be added to the Breeze icon theme.

  Hmm, that is a bug then.
  Thought the question is: Where is it missing? In the menus or in the application? For me the application uses it, e.g. in about, not sure if the system will prefer the new .desktop file thought.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T10243