T10243: Some KDE applications could use better icons

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Sep 18 18:30:05 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In T10243#201332 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T10243#201332>, @alex-l wrote:

  > @ngraham I don't know about macOS, but ElementaryOS icons look so good because they are designed for each size and I don't think we have the manpower to do that to Breeze icons.

  But we already do this. Despite the fact that we use arbitrarily scalable SVG icons, we generally provide several sizes for each one so they look pixel-perfect at the common sizes that they're intended to be viewed at.

  > The diagonal thing in Konsole icon is to add some identity, without it we would have a classic terminal icon. Any ideas on how to add identity in general?

  Maybe we could play with the KDE logo and render it or parts of it in ASCII on the screen? We probably need to keep the `>_` symbolism though because we use this all over the place to mean "terminal stuff"

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T10243