T10243: Some KDE applications could use better icons

Alessandro Longo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Nov 2 13:41:01 GMT 2019

alex-l added a comment.

  Thank you for your replies. As I said I discussed a new icon for Activities time ago but Ivan decided to stay with the 3-dots one. I can't always be around to check that previous decisions are overwritten by others. Isn't up to others to check if there were previous discussions on an icon? The one on the Activities icon is somewhere here on Phabricator. Found: https://phabricator.kde.org/M90

  I know the guidelines on Breeze icons could be improved, but when I joined they were even worse but as I said who reviewed them was way more selective.

  The most important rule in my opinion in VDG was: don't change things just for the sake of changing. In fact the current Dolphin, Gwenview, System Settings and other icons were designed for personal use by me but other VDG members noticed them from my screenshots and asked to submit them, despite the rule of not changing things. It is a matter of attitude: if there is broad agreement to update an icon then proceed. If you are not sure, keep everything as it is, trusting the previous designers who probably took that decision for reasons.

  One single person who gives the OK to update the icon for a core KDE app? It's the opposite of our previous attitude...

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T10243