T10243: Some KDE applications could use better icons

Alessandro Longo noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 1 23:53:23 GMT 2019

alex-l added a comment.

  To be honest I don't like the new icons. In general Uri with the original Breeze and Ken with its revamped version set original styles with their consistency. They are for me real visual designers. Instead now I see new icons added with lower quality, mixing different styles and even recycling icons from other sets (I hate this so much that I manually delete them from my installation). Breeze icons are not "take an icon from another set, remove/add gradients, done."

  When I submitted my first Breeze icons the review process was more selective and we all agreed that we should avoid updating icons as much as possible. I appreciate the enthusiasm in improving Breeze but this is KDE and it deserves much more in my opinion.

  Now with an update of my system I saw the Activities icon was updated. I discussed a new icon for Activities once and after many attempts Ivan decided that the old 3-dots one should remain. I was OK. But now Activities icon is replaced by... I don't know how to describe it. Sorry for who designed it but it's just bad.

  I think I will just fork Breeze for personal use, saving my icons without any "optimization" script to preserve them.

TASK DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/T10243