D21277: Add new "Waste" theme

gregormi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 20 19:24:25 BST 2019

gregormi added a comment.

  In D21277#467286 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21277#467286>, @aacid wrote:

  > If we're going to be so concerned about what we expain to kids, i'd rather use something else than a cigarrette to represent trash

  At this age, in my experience, children are already taught that smoking is a bad thing. They see people smoking cigarettes, "smoking prohibited" signs and cigarette stump waste all over the place. So, there is nothing new for me to explain. I want to give something already known to connect with easily.

  > something else than a cigarrette to represent trash

  Where I live, the single most found item when collecting garbage are cigarette stumps (especially on waiting places like train or bus stations; even where trash cans are in in short reach). Thus, for me this is a very good representation of pointless waste which also pollutes the environment with chemicals. The theme might also serve as a funny reminder for some grown-ups that it is possible to care more. ;-)

  What item would you choose for trash representation? I could create just another theme to have a greater variety of "bad things"(TM). :-)

REPOSITORY
  R404 KMines

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21277