Knights, current state and next steps

Alexander Semke alexander.semke at web.de
Thu Sep 20 21:41:15 BST 2018

Hi,

Knights is in a quite good shape now and I though like I need to give some
update on the current status and to also ask for some help and recommendations
for how to release a new version of knights after such a long break.

* Almost all reported bugs are fixed now. There is one crash that I need to fix
and I'll also spent more time for testing in the next days, especially playing
online, but in general knights is quite usable already.

* Coverity reports 25 found defects (https://scan.coverity.com/projects/
knights) which I'm checking now.

* I started adding new tasks on phabricator (https://phabricator.kde.org/
project/board/292/ )  - those are not for the next release now, but could/
should be implemented in near future.

Couple of points where I'd need some help from the community:

1. https://www.kde.org/applications/games/knights/ - old screenshot is used,
maybe it's better to take one of the screenshots I uploaded recently to
https://cdn.kde.org/screenshots/knights/, author name(s) should be adjusted
and the name of the application should be changed from KNights to Knights (or
to knights?)

2. https://games.kde.org/category.php?category=board - here the game is not
listed yet

3. https://l10n.kde.org/stats/gui/trunk-kf5/po/knights.po/ - there are not too
many translations available yet...

4. the current icon looks a bit outdated, would be great to get here a fresh
icon

5. appstream file is not available yet.

6. how to release? What is the release cycle for other KDE games?

Best Regards,
Alexander