D16978: Reenable sounds in Kolf

Albert Astals Cid noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Nov 19 22:29:51 GMT 2018

aacid added a comment.

  In D16978#362523 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16978#362523>, @yurchor wrote:

  > I would agree, but the community has already abandoned some of my favorite applications (KFileReplace, KRecipes). I have to work on porting because I think that the constant changing of basic Qt API, poor decisions on fracturing KDE and wasting time on the dead-born parts like Baloo and Activities will leave me without some dozens of useful tools during the next iteration. Just because "there is too much to port".

  I'd really like if you stopped bad mouthing other people efforts. You don't like Baloo, fine, don't use it, but don't shit on the work done by other community members. Also cut the bullshit with "fracturing KDE", what is that even supposed to mean?

  > It was too safe to be just a translator for years. But there is no choice anymore. The team is so underpowered and full of "designers" that now our "bus factor" for most of the projects is 1. Just look at the poor Konqueror. Once it was our symbol and now it is almost dead, definitely the first candidate for the grave in Applications.

  You speak as if having designers is bad.

  > What if tomorrow kgSound will be "optimized"? Phonon will survive because it's more widely used.

  You strongly misinterpret how much phonon is maintained/used.

REPOSITORY
  R407 Kolf

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D16978