Knights, current state and next steps

Alexander Semke alexander.semke at web.de
Mon Nov 5 20:52:25 GMT 2018

On Montag, 5. November 2018 18:38:20 CET Luigi Toscano wrote:
> Alexander Semke ha scritto:
> > On Freitag, 21. September 2018 01:14:03 CEST Christoph Feck wrote:
> >> How about adding it to the other KDE games that are released with our
> >> regular KDE Applications bundle? Games from the old 'extragear' or
> >> 'playground' groups never really got attention.
> >
> > Yes, this is a good idea. I also see it as part of KDE Application.
> >
> >> The 18.12 schedule isn't up yet, but I am sure there is still enough
> >> time for the transition (including review, etc.)
> >
> > Ok. I'll finilize the remaining tasks and trigger the transition.
>
> We are 3 days from the the freeze for Applications 18.12 (November 8):
> https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Applications/18.12_Release_Schedule
>
> Is knight ready to be moved to Applications?
Time is passing by like crazy...

I still see some issues like knights doesn't work with HoiChess (a game engine
that can run in a weak mode, more suitable for beginners), an error message
"Unknown Open Collaboration Service API error. (999)" and I asked Andres for a
new icon, still wating for this. But yes, lets move to Applications. Small
things can still be sorted out until the relase.

With moving to Application you meant moving to kdegames, right? Directly to
kdegames without going through kdereview?

Regards,
Alexander