D9864: Add appstream metedata file

Matthias Klumpp noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jan 15 01:11:23 UTC 2018

mak accepted this revision.
mak added a comment.

  Looks good to me :-)

INLINE COMMENTS

> kkrawiec wrote in org.kde.klines.appdata.xml:24
> Removing this section causes a validation error:
>
>   org.kde.klines.appdata.xml: FAILED:
>   • tag-missing           : <content_rating> required for game [use https://odrs.gnome.org/oars]
>
> Are you sure that I should remove it?

This is a bit overly pedantic, I think. I'll need to talk to Richard about that, I guess he enforces that tag in order to ensure the game was age-rated (and the existence of that tag shows that it was).

> kkrawiec wrote in org.kde.klines.appdata.xml:55
> Ok, I'll remove this. Please note though that it causes validation to fail:
>
>   org.kde.klines.appdata.xml: FAILED:
>   • tag-missing           : <translation> not specified

As long as `appstreamcli` validates it, the file is fine, from its structure. The `appstream-util` tool is a bit strict, maybe you can get some better idea on what is really important by using its `validate-relax` option.

> org.kde.klines.appdata.xml:18
> +  </description>
> +  <categories>
> +    <category>Qt</category>

You don't need this section necessarily... It will get pulled from the .desktop file if left out.
That said, it also doesn't hurt to have it, so it's not an issue :-) (It makes the metainfo file more complete, which is nice)

REPOSITORY
  R402 KLines

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D9864