Ball movement speed in KBreakout

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Sat Jan 6 12:32:47 UTC 2018

Am 03.01.2018 23:31 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> El dimecres, 3 de gener de 2018, a les 20:20:38 CET, Frederik Schwarzer
> va
> escriure:
>> On Dienstag, 2. Januar 2018 00:34:42 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
>> > El dissabte, 30 de desembre de 2017, a les 3:15:21 CET, Frederik Schwarzer
>> > va
>> >
>> > escriure:
>> >
>> > Hey

>> > Can you share the patch you use for this output?
>>
>> Sorry, not at that computer at the moment. But it shows the correct
>> values.
>> Both values are cut in half which (as I suspect the intention) should
>> result
>> in the same movement speed. Not sure _why_ that is done but well. I
>> can
>> send the patch at the week end.

>> > I can't really see it getting much slower i think, can you record it and
>> > put it in youtube or something?
>>
>> https://vimeo.com/249561562
>>
>> At around second 52 it happens. The ball movement is not that clunky
>> as seen
>> in the video but I think it's well visible. I did the video with the
>> released version 1.2.0 in KF 5.18.0 in Kubuntu 16.04.
>>
>> BTW. One in ten starts of the application crashed here at least with
>> the
>> window maximised. I saw the same on the other computer in the git
>> master
>> version. Can you please check that as well on your box?
>
> I haven't seen any crash :S

Weird. I have those quite regularily on two systems with different
versions of Qt/KF/KBreakout. Both Debian-based though.
I just made a gdb run but cannot read much out of it. Maybe you can see
something there. As I said, it happens every 10th start and sometimes 3
times in a row.

https://paste.kde.org/phfwyxtkn/1kaxca

But you could see the speed decrease, right?

Cheers,
Frederik