Ball movement speed in KBreakout

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Wed Jan 3 19:20:38 UTC 2018

On Dienstag, 2. Januar 2018 00:34:42 CET Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El dissabte, 30 de desembre de 2017, a les 3:15:21 CET, Frederik Schwarzer
> va
> escriure:
> > Hi,
>
> Hey
>
> > in KBreakout I see the following:
> > After a minute or so of playing a level, the ball speed decreases
> > dramatically. From the source I can see that this is intended but comes
> > with also cutting the game timer interval in half.
> >
> > console.log output:
> > qml: Speed: 2.0837250000000003
> > qml: Interval: 16
> > qml: Speed: 1.0418625000000001
> > qml: Interval: 8
>
> Can you share the patch you use for this output?

Sorry, not at that computer at the moment. But it shows the correct values.
Both values are cut in half which (as I suspect the intention) should result
in the same movement speed. Not sure _why_ that is done but well. I can send
the patch at the week end.

> > For me however, it seems that only the ball speed value has any effect. So
> > effectively, the ball speed is cut in half.
> >
> > Can anyone check on their boxes? Thanks.
>
> I can't really see it getting much slower i think, can you record it and put
> it in youtube or something?

https://vimeo.com/249561562

At around second 52 it happens. The ball movement is not that clunky as seen
in the video but I think it's well visible. I did the video with the released
version 1.2.0 in KF 5.18.0 in Kubuntu 16.04.

BTW. One in ten starts of the application crashed here at least with the
window maximised. I saw the same on the other computer in the git master
version. Can you please check that as well on your box?

I am starting to see ghosts. :D

Cheers,
Frederik