D5627: Remove KDELibs4Support from KSudoku

Johan Ouwerkerk noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Apr 29 14:25:22 UTC 2017

ouwerkerk added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5627#105881, @ouwerkerk wrote:

  > In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5627#105879, @ltoscano wrote:
  >
  > > Do we really need the auto pointer? (just to check if that would bump some requirement, maybe just for one usage is not needed)
  >

  > Of course not: in each case the appropriate type should be used instead. ;)
  >
  > For `load()` the specific check is a bit different:

  Actually, scratch that: there is a specific constructor for an invalid `Game()` and I had assumed that one would inject a `nullptr` value for the `puzzle`.
  Unfortunately it doesn't which means the `Game` class must be altered to either do so (change in behaviour) or extended to have an explicit marker which you can test for (e.g. and `.isNull()` member like `QString` has.).

  By the way, this is also probably why you get the crash when attempting to generate a puzzle from an invalid Game variant! (An uninitialised `puzzle` pointer, i.e. a wild pointer.)

REPOSITORY
  R417 KSudoku

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D5627