Current status of the frameworks branch of kdelibs4-based games

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Thu Apr 13 13:53:30 UTC 2017

On Donnerstag, 13. April 2017 15:36:54 CEST Luigi Toscano wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 April 2017 15:33:03 CEST Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> > >
> > > Oh, that would be extremely useful.
> >
> > Erm, apparently I was sure everyone would be on the same page if I just
> > wrote "desktop files" as a TODO item. :D
> > Now the usefulness seems rather low to me. But I can share it nevertheless
> > if someone wants to take a look at it.
>
> Probably "desktop files" means "appdata" now :)

I think I can reproduce the meaning of the items when I read through the
porting notes again.
Regarding the desktop files I found this:
"""
Also adapt in the .desktop file of the program the "Exec=" entry:
    replace "-caption" with "-qwindowtitle" (supported by QGuiApplication)
    remove "%i" (not supported by any Q*Application)

Also rename the .desktop file to org.kde.applicationname.desktop as described
here: http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2015/07/porting-qt-applications-to-wayland/ under "Setting Window Icon" and add a X-DBUS-
ServiceName=org.kde.applicationname to the .desktop file itself.
"""

> I think that it can be interesting to take a look at it.

I can send you the file (.ods) tomorrow and maybe add some more notes. :)

Cheers,
Frederik