[Kde-games-devel] porting and the next release of knights

Alexander Semke alexander.semke at web.de
Sun Jan 24 19:28:32 UTC 2016

Am Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2016, 22:55:23 schrieb Manoharan Sundaramoorthy:
> [...]
> gcc version 5.3.0 (GCC)
I still have gcc 4.8.5 here. All the other compiler flags should cause any
problems... I'll check with gcc5 later.

> > Do you want to take a certain task now in knights? Bug fixing?
> > GUI-polishing?
> > Any new ideas for  the program?
> >
> > Sure, Please point me to the bugs that I can take up.
Have a look here:
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=general&list_id=1329881&product=knights

There are aleady couple of fixes attached to the bug reports. But one needs to
understand the code a bit better to make sure they really fix the reported
problems correctly...

Another topic that comes to my mind is the auto-detection of the installed
chess-engines. Currently, couple of predefined entries are shown in knights'
settings, even for engines that are not installed on the system. It would be
nice to have here some auto-detection logic (like in pychess). Maybe a "Auto
detect" button in the settings, and then internally loop over 10-20 most known
engine names and add the corresponding entries if found.

--
Alexander