[Kde-games-devel] porting and the next release of knights

Alexander Semke alexander.semke at web.de
Sun Jan 10 10:48:36 UTC 2016

Am Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2016, 11:23:22 schrieb laurent Montel:
> For me it's a good idea. I reviewed his changes.
Does it compile for you? I'm getting here the error

knights/src/knightsview.cpp:133:71: error: no matching function for call to
‘Knights::KnightsView::connect(QDialogButtonBox*&, void (QDialogButtonBox::*)
(), QPointer<QDialog>&, void (QDialog::*)())’

In connect( bBox, &QDialogButtonBox::accepted, dlg, &QDialog::accept ); dlg is
a QPointer<QDialog>. I'd expect the new signal-slot syntax to work for
QPointer too, but somehow it doesn't seem to work for me. Similar errors I get
for all the dock widgets in knights.cpp put into QPointers in knights.h

Any ideas?

What is the reason for putting all DockWidget in knights.h into QPointer? All
those dock widgets are children of the main window and are destroyed by Qt
automatically when the parent widget is destroyed. Does somebody see any
reason to use pointer guards here?

--
Alexander