[Kde-games-devel] Killbots: kcfg(c) question

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Wed Feb 10 00:16:06 UTC 2016

Am Dienstag, 9. Februar 2016, 23:33:13 schrieben Sie:
> El Friday 05 February 2016, a les 20:17:03, Frederik Schwarzer va
escriure:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in Killbots there are two kcfg files (and their corresponding
> > kcfgc
> >
> > files):
> >  - killbots.kcfg (settings.kcfgc)
> >  - rulesetbase.kcfg (rulesetbase.kcfgc)
> >
> > Initial roblem: the strings from the latter are not shown as
> > translated in the dialog.
> >
> > So I started to read around a bit and found the following:
> > "Instructions for building the configuration code from a .kcfg
> > file are contained in the .kcfgc file of the same base name"
> > http://api.kde.org/frameworks-api/frameworks5-apidocs/ki18n/html/p
> > rg_guide.h tml#link_noncode
> >
> > So I was wondering why the killbots/settings basenames are
> > working.
> > Well, I do not know of any problem there but at least the strings
> > from the kcfg file are showing up translated in the config dialog
> > just fine.
> >
> > And I also read (same link as above):
> > "Then, the domain connection is established simply by adding the
> > TranslationSystem [...] fields in the .kcfgc file"
> >
> > And that worked for the initial problem. After changing that, the
> > texts are showing up translated in the ruleset description dialog.
> > The settings.kcfg does not have this entry.
> >
> > So, I do not understand why the killbots/settings is working at
> > all
> > without having the same basename and also lacking the
> > TranslationSystem entry.
>
> Is it working? It doesn't seem to be working for me.
>
> http://i.imgur.com/uEtOr2L.png

Interesting. Those are untranslated here as well.

What I fixed was the extra dialog that opens from the configure dialogue
on Game Type -> Details...
This wasn't translated but is now here.

Now I also added TranslationSystem=kde to the settings.kcfgc and the
tooltips and what's this popups are now also translated.

Thanks for the hint.

Regards,
Frederik