[Kde-games-devel] Killbots: kcfg(c) question

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Fri Feb 5 19:17:03 UTC 2016

Hi,

in Killbots there are two kcfg files (and their corresponding kcfgc
files):
 - killbots.kcfg (settings.kcfgc)
 - rulesetbase.kcfg (rulesetbase.kcfgc)

Initial roblem: the strings from the latter are not shown as
translated in the dialog.

So I started to read around a bit and found the following:
"Instructions for building the configuration code from a .kcfg file are
contained in the .kcfgc file of the same base name"
http://api.kde.org/frameworks-api/frameworks5-apidocs/ki18n/html/prg_guide.html#link_noncode

So I was wondering why the killbots/settings basenames are working.
Well, I do not know of any problem there but at least the strings from
the kcfg file are showing up translated in the config dialog just fine.

And I also read (same link as above):
"Then, the domain connection is established simply by adding the
TranslationSystem [...] fields in the .kcfgc file"

And that worked for the initial problem. After changing that, the
texts are showing up translated in the ruleset description dialog. The
settings.kcfg does not have this entry.

So, I do not understand why the killbots/settings is working at all
without having the same basename and also lacking the
TranslationSystem entry.

Does anyone know anything about this? Is there some magic involved
regarding certain file names?

Regards,
Frederik