[Kde-games-devel] Porting Kigo - Paths

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Oct 28 21:58:35 UTC 2015

El Wednesday 28 October 2015, a les 04:34:15, Frederik Schwarzer va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> question about paths.
>
> Kigo saves to:
>     QDir::homePath()
> which is $HOME and loads from
>     KStandardDirs::locate("appdata", "games/")
> which is $HOME/.kde/share/apps/kigo/games

Not really, it's also /usr/share/apps/kigo/games which on my system has 2
installed system wide games.

> Despite of this seemingly odd discrepancy, what would be a good place
> for saving games?
>     QStandardPaths::AppDataLocation ?

Since this is the behaviour of the kdelibs4 version i don't think it makes
much sense to change is as part of the porting.

> Some games use DataLocation but that is stated deprecated in its
> description and AppDataLocation is suggested.
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qstandardpaths.html#StandardLocation-enum
>
> I cannot play with paths in Kigo's frameworks branch right now since
> it is crashing on startup for me.

Let's fix that first :)

Cheers,
  Albert