[Kde-games-devel] Load translations

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Tue Nov 10 06:13:35 UTC 2015

Am Montag, 9. November 2015, 11:13:48 schrieb Burkhard Lück:
> Am Monday 09 November 2015, 09:06:42 schrieb Frederik Schwarzer:

Hi,

> KShisen is fully translated here (Language de, recent master from
> sources)

I am building libkdegames. libkmahjongg and KShisen from their masters
but ude the distro-delivered translations. Not sure if that might be
the problem.

> > I think to remember that in KDE4 we had to load library's catalogs
> > into applications which used them. Doe we have to do this in KF5
> > as
> > well?
>
> No, it has to be done inside the library, e. g. for libkdegames the
> catalog is loaded with:
> libkdegames/CMakeLists.txt:31:add_definitions(-
> DTRANSLATION_DOMAIN="libkdegames5")

So libraries need this CMake command and applications need
    KLocalizedString::setApplicationDomain("kshisen");
in main?
How does the application know that it needs other translation
catalogues?

Regards
Frederik