[Kde-games-devel] Data migration issue

Matthew Dawson matthew at mjdsystems.ca
Tue Mar 24 02:32:44 UTC 2015

On March 24, 2015 12:59:26 AM Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> El Dilluns, 23 de març de 2015, a les 00:25:14, Matthew Dawson va escriure:
> > On March 22, 2015 06:19:46 PM David Faure wrote:
> > > Any input?
> >
> > I'm generally fine with this implementation, it seems like it would fix
> > the
> > problem.
> >
> > I do have an alternate: would it be better to try and call into KConfig
> > from KCoreAddons, iff both are loaded into the same process so that all
> > KSharedConfigs could be reloaded after migration?  It creates a hidden
> > dependency between them, but as long as it doesn't error out over while
> > making the call, it shouldn't matter.  It would also handle the case the
> > application isn't using frameworksintegration, but opened a KSharedConfig
> > before.
>
> But then that's the application fault and it shouldn't be doing that thing
> before migrating their configs.
>
> The issue here is that frameworksintegration is there messing with the
> configs before the app can decide to migrate them.
I agree.  This just prevents anything from messing it up, which is nice to
have.  I can flesh it out if this approach seems reasonable.

If everyone else feels David's patches are the best way forward, I'm fine with
that as well.  This was just an alternate idea, but it may be more complicated
then we really want to entertain anyways :)
--
Matthew