[Kde-games-devel] Data migration issue

Matthew Dawson matthew at mjdsystems.ca
Sat Mar 21 15:38:14 UTC 2015

On March 21, 2015 04:29:25 PM Mathias Kraus wrote:
> Am Samstag, 21. März 2015, 11:06:02 schrieb Matthew Dawson:
> > On March 21, 2015 04:00:11 PM Mathias Kraus wrote:
> > > =======
> > > KConfig config(QLatin1String("kminesrc"));
> > > config.reparseConfiguration();
> > > =======
> >
> > Sorry, my suggestion of using reparseConfiguration wasn't clear.  I meant
> > using it against the global KSharedConfig, not a newly created KConfig.
> > Instead, try:
> >
> > KSharedConfig::openConfig()->reparseConfiguration();
> >
> > And see if that helps (untested here).
>
> Yes, that works. Should have told you what I tried.
Excellent!  So now we at least know what the problem is.

> Thanks very much. Now we need to update all kf5 games. I will do it for
> granatier but don't know if I have enough time to do it for all games. Will
> try to do it though.
>
> Could this also be necessary for non-game applications?
I don't think this can be solved universally, as KConfig and KCoreAddons can't
depend upon each other.  My only thought would be to have KCoreAddons lookup a
symbol at runtime, and call that to reload all cached KSharedConfigs, but I
have no idea if that is feasible, never mind if it will work.  Failing that,
we should update the documentation to mention the need to reload any
KSharedConfigs after migration.

Thoughts?
--
Matthew