[Kde-games-devel] Review of KF5 ports: KJumpingCube, KGoldrunner and Kubrick

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 09:03:45 UTC 2015

Hi Laurent,

Oops, missed sending to the list… :-/

On 19/01/2015, at 5:08 PM, laurent Montel wrote:
> Le Monday 19 January 2015 14:48:39 Ian Wadham a écrit :
>> I do not know what other games can have user-data.  High-scores are quite
>> commonly saved.
>
> Ah ? I didn't know.
> What is the name of the config file please ?

Actually, the KHighscore library class saves into config/<appname>rc,
so no worries about games that use KHighscore.  Also KPat (solitaire
card games) saves its statistics in config/kpatrc, so again no worries.
Similarly with other games that keep statistics, in all the cases I checked.

Games that save and load positions mostly seem to use KFileDialog,
for the user to choose a file-location and name.

KGoldrunner, Kubrick and Palapeli are the only ones I know of, so far,
that have writable user-data in KDEHOME's share/apps.

Does anyone on the list know of any others?

Regards, Ian W.