[Kde-games-devel] Jenkins jobs for KF5 games

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Sun Jan 18 20:19:50 UTC 2015

Am Sonntag, 18. Januar 2015, 18:52:07 schrieb Marko Käning:
> > kajongg seems to be failing since it has not frameworks branch.
>
> OK, I have disabled that job for now, until porting has begun.

Porting kajongg will not happen soon. First, pykde5 seems far away.

Also, pykde5 only supports Python 3. I ported kajongg to Python 3 but
that includes a port of the needed parts of the python-twisted
library which officially do not yet run with Python 3. It
does here because I ported that but it will probably take many
months until it is in a form accepted by the python-twisted
developers. They have extremely high quality requirements, and the
same code base must run with both Py2 and Py3 which is difficult
because python-twisted used many low-level things which are quite
different between Py2 and Py3. And then it still has to be distributed.

Anyway - as soon as pykde5 is usable, I could add my private
fork of python-twisted and port kajongg to kf5.

The port of kajongg to Python 3 is not yet committed. I should
already have done so but porting kajongg and python-twisted
is related so I wanted both to work flawlessly before committing,
and nobody else seems to have interest in working on kajongg
anyway.

I hope I will find time to continue on this in a few weeks.

--
Wolfgang