[Kde-games-devel] Merge frameworks in master

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 06:23:37 UTC 2015

Hello Laurent,

On 02/01/2015, at 6:25 PM, laurent Montel wrote:
> Le Friday 02 January 2015 18:10:26 Ian Wadham a écrit :

>>> What is the problem ?
>>
>> Lack of proficiency with git, I suppose.  It is my tenth source code control
>> system and I am 76.  My first SCCS was in 1965-66… :-)  One's capacity to
>> absorb such things diminishes with age… :-)
>>
>>> You can use git merge to merge change from your branch to kf5 no ?
>>> (I do it each day with kdepim*)
>>
>> My only branch so far has been master, with occasional backporting of bug
>> fixes into release branches.  I had a look at kdepim* repositories, but
>> could not get any idea of what your typical workflows are.
>
> If you want to merge your code from 4.14 to master
> You just write : git pull && git merge origin/KDE/4.14
>
> => you can merge your fixes in current branch (your current branch can be
> “master” or “frameworks”
>
> I do it each day for merge my fixes from kde-4.14 to master (which is
> frameworks code) in kdepim*
>
> It's not a problem for me if you want that I merge your code from 4.14 to
> master or frameworks.

Thanks, Laurent.  I can use the KDE/4.14 branch to compile games and
use them as test apps for fixes to the Apple OS X implementation of KDE 4
libraries and utilities.

If a fix is going to apply to Frameworks (in the Apple OS X implementation),
I can submit the patches via ReviewBoard and ask someone on kde-core-devel
or kde-devel to forward-port them, as I have been doing already.  Otherwise, I can
get the changes applied downstream in MacPorts on Apple only.

I can do further development and bug-fixing of games on a local branch
based on KDE/4.14.  If/when I merge fixes and new features into KDE Games
master, I may call on you do a check-compile and verification test, if the game
has been ported to Frameworks and we still do not have KF5/Frameworks and
Qt5 working together on Apple OS X.

Meanwhile, please continue with your plans for porting games and merging
them into master, even the games I maintain, as long as they are properly
tested in a KF5 setup, as discussed with Jeremy.  Sorry for the noise.  I was
getting a bit paranoid at first.

Cheers, Ian W.