[Kde-games-devel] porting and the next release of knights

Alexander Semke alexander.semke at web.de
Thu Dec 31 11:33:12 UTC 2015

I've got couple of questions regarding knights. Would be greate if somebody
could help here a bit.

1. There are currently some porting activities for Knights in master
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/126124/
On the other hand, there is already the branch "frameworks" in knight's
repository where the initial (partial?) port was done by Cristoph Fleck. What
is the reason for the new port?

2. If I see it correctly, the last released version was 2.5.0, done back in
2012. There are couple of bugs reported for knights
https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=general&product=knights
I'd like to help to close/fix some of them. When the port is done and couple of
issues are solved, a new kf5-based release can be done. Should the old Qt4-
based version still be maintained? If not, then at some point frameworks can
be merged into master (or the new port in master will be completed) and the
further development and releases will be done in/from master. Am I correct
here?

3. Miha's old page is not available anymore, knights is in extragear and is
not listed here https://www.kde.org/applications/games/ . Where should the new
homepage of this application be placed?

4. I've just tried to push a small fixe to knights repo and got "fatal: remote
error: access denied or repository not exported: /knights". My understanding
was that everybody with a kde-identity is allowed to push... The fix is in the
attachment. What else do I need to get the access to this repo?

--
Alexander