[Kde-games-devel] KMahjongg frameworks branch

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzer at kde.org
Thu Dec 10 09:15:32 UTC 2015

Hi Ian,

with respect to kdelibs4support, I read in a thread on this list,
where you discussed the use of KIO with Jeremy.
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-games-devel/2015-January/011546.html

If I got the correctly, you kind of voted for not keeping the network
saving ability in KMahjongg.

>From the code (although I am not familiar with saving/loading) it
seems that KMahjongg is currently able to load a file from a network
location but not to save one to a network location.

One of the rare things I could find regarding porting away from
NetAccess::download, is the Umbrello code, where this one line was
replaced by ~15 lines of checking this and checking that.

Of course we could do the same as Umbrello but since KMahjongg can
only read from the network, and that network locations for games might
be a very rare case, I think it is reasonable to remove network

Or does QFileDialog already deliver that? Here it does not show
network folders.

Opinions?

Regards,
Frederik