[Kde-games-devel] Educational Game Application Idea for learning new languages.

Jakob Gruber jakob.gruber at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 21:40:49 UTC 2014

Hi Avinash,

sorry to rain on your parade, but to me this project sounds fairly
unrealistic.

Implementing a kart racer is probably a much more ambitious task than you'd
think at first,
especially with only little OpenGL/3D graphics experience. Also consider
that a large part of
the time spent on such projects (at least in my experience) is required for
tweaking seemingly
minor details such as the user interface. Technical challenges aside,
simply getting enough content
might also be an issue: models, textures, sprites, icons, and levels don't
create themselves.

Have you thought about customizing SuperTuxKart instead? Experimenting with
their codebase
could also help narrow down the scope and complexity of your idea.

Jakob