[Kde-games-devel] Start contributing to KDE games

Nemanja Hirsl nemhirsl at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 17:00:34 UTC 2014

On Sunday, 26. January 2014. 15.23.35 Abhijeet Nikam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Abhijeet. I wish to start contributing to KDE games and develop my own
> games under KDE later on. I know C++  and basic Qt framework. I am new to
> the open source society.
>
> I wish to later apply for GSoC under KDE-Games. Can someone please tell me
> the following things:.
> 1.Which project can I start contributing so that I can push the same
> project in my proposal?
> 2.Any potential mentors under whom I can work with to guide me further?

Hi Abhijeet,

Maybe the best way to start contributing to KDE is to read KDE guide
http://flossmanuals.net/kde-guide/ and get familiar with projects as much as
possible.
If you find project that you are interested in, try to find Junior Jobs for it
in Bugzilla: https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=junior-jobs&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

Since you are new to open source, here is some background information:
http://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software
http://whathaveyoutried.com/