[Kde-games-devel] Anyone can help with manipulating an SVG file?

Alexander Schuch aschuch247 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 13:15:16 UTC 2014

Hi there,

I added a patch for Konquest to vertically align wide boards. The
board uses an SVG element as background and it did not align properly,
so I dug into it. The problem is that the element's size does not
match its content at the upper edge, as it has some completely
transparent bar at the top.

Anyone can resize the element so that the bar is gone?

What to do/what I managed to do:

1) Download the file from git:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=konquest.git&a=blob&h=887203358bdeedc1decfedfa80cc1f474d2929d4&f=pics%2Fdefault_theme.svgz&o=plain

2) Rename the file to "default_theme.svg.gz".

3) Uncompress it using "gzip -d default_theme.svg.gz".

4) Open the file in Inkscape.

5) Use Ctrl+F to open a search dialogue. Enter "screen" as "ID".

6) A rectangular selection box is shown. The content is something
greyish with a white "bar" at the upper edge inside the selection.

My guess right now is that this element is expanded by 5 pixels and
moved 5 pixels up so that this bar is not shown, see
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/114851/diff/#2.10.

So if someone can help to remove that bar, I appreciate it.

For testing, the -5 and +5 offsets just need to be removed. If the
transparent/greyish background still covers the top, it works
perfectly. This can be checked easily by having planets in the first
row.

The fixed SVG then can either be attached to my review request, or
directly committed to git master - it won't break anything and just
the first few lines of the greyish background won't be shown as long
as the hack is still present.

Regards,
Alexander