[Kde-games-devel] Merge frameworks in master

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Dec 30 22:54:50 UTC 2014

El Dimarts, 30 de desembre de 2014, a les 20:59:44, laurent Montel va
escriure:
> Hi,
> As you saw I worked on porting to kf5 some kdegames application
> (http://www.aegiap.eu/kdeblog/2014/12/kf5-kdegames/)
>
> I removed kdelibs4support for several applications.
> I converted to reverse dns desktop
> I fixed cmake file
> I fixed a lot of bugs
> etc.
>
> And you can see that:
> "bomber
> bovo
> granatier
> kapman
> katomic
> kblackbox
> kblocks
> kbounce
> kbreakout
> kdiamond
> kfourinline
> kgoldrunner
> kigo
> killbots
> kiriki
> kjumpingcube
> klickety
> klines
> kmahjongg
> kmines
> knavalbattle
> knetwalk
> kolf
> kollision
> konquest
> kshisen
> ksnakeduel
> kspaceduel
> ksquares
> ktuberling
> libkdegames
> libkmahjongg
> lskat
> palapeli
>> Compile against on kf5.
>
> Now I would like to merge in master as I think it's a good idea to have it
> in next kde release 'kde-15.3„ kde-15.4„ I don't know when it will release.
>
> What do you think about it ?

Do we know if libkdegames and libkmahjongg co-install fine with their kdelibs4
counterparts? Because if they do not, we need to move *all* the projects at
once from kdelibs4-based to kf5-based, which may not be ideal.

For the things i maintain (i.e. ktuberling and kiriki) I'd like to do the
merge from frameworks to master myself, i agree with you they should go into
next Applications [not kde ;)] release if they are good. I'll have a look on
the coming weeks.

What the maintainers of the others say?

For the ones without maintainer I would be hesitant to merge them all at once,
compiling is veeeeeeery far from running 100% good.

Maybe we could do something like "the day of Y", where we merge the "ones
without maintainer" every few days and ask everyone to try to see if they can
find a regression?

Cheers,
  Albert