[Kde-games-devel] Time for me to retire from KDE Games

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue Apr 8 19:11:48 UTC 2014

On Sunday 06 April 2014 13:42:10 Ian Wadham wrote:
> Hi guys,

Hi Ian,

> Also it is just over 12 years since I made my first commit to
> KDE Games ... the "kdenonbeta" version of KGoldrunner.
> But I had been working on KGoldrunner for a while before
> that, picking up the original version written by Marco Krüger.

thank you for your contributions to the games through the years,
and for writing this wonderful and truly inspiring email.

While it's sad to see you reduce your involvement now, reflect-
ing that you started it up at an age past my own and yet have
contributed to KDE for quite a bit longer actually made me feel
hopeful for what may be yet to come in my own journey as a hacker.

I'm glad to read you'll be sticking by the community in other
capacities and wish you all the best with those and other
future projects.

Cheers!
Eike