[Kde-games-devel] How to test ui.rc files?

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 03:56:29 UTC 2013

On 30/10/2013, at 1:33 AM, Alexander Schuch wrote:
> On 29 October 2013 23:17, Albert Astals Cid <aacid at kde.org> wrote:
>> El Dimarts, 29 d'octubre de 2013, a les 23:00:32, Alexander Schuch va
>> escriure:
>>> In order to get this action into the toolbar by default, the file
>>> konquestui.rc needs to be adjusted. The problem is, that I do not find
>>> a sane way to actually make my development copy of Konquest to use
>>> this file.
>>>
>>> What I do right now from the git checkout directory is:
>>>
>>> - remove ~/.kde/share/apps/konquest/konquestui.rc
>>> - remove ~/.kde/share/config/konquestrc (probably unrelated)
>>> - mkdir build && cd build
>>> - cmake .. && make
>>>
>>> Starting Konquest now makes it use
>>> "/usr/share/kde4/apps/konquest/konquestui.rc" instead of my
>>> development copy. Even telling "cmake" to use a prefix/installation
>>> directory and installing it using "make install" won't add the file
>>> there and as a result won't make Konquest use it.
>>
>> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/foo/bar
>> with
>> export KDEDIRS="/home/foo/bar"
>
> This does work nicely. Thanks.

Also, I think you should increment the value of version="n" at the
start of the ui.rc file (as a permanent change) every time you start
changing a ui.rc file.  This will cause it to override any older versions
that may be in your $HOME/.kde4 area (e.g. because of keyboard
config changes).  Ditto for any end-user of your released ui.rc file:
he/she will then get your version not the previous one.

Cheers, Ian W.