[Kde-games-devel] How to test ui.rc files?

Alexander Schuch aschuch247 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 23:00:32 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am working on Konquest right now and recently I added an action for
the already present "end turn".

In order to get this action into the toolbar by default, the file
konquestui.rc needs to be adjusted. The problem is, that I do not find
a sane way to actually make my development copy of Konquest to use
this file.

What I do right now from the git checkout directory is:

- remove ~/.kde/share/apps/konquest/konquestui.rc
- remove ~/.kde/share/config/konquestrc (probably unrelated)
- mkdir build && cd build
- cmake .. && make

Starting Konquest now makes it use
"/usr/share/kde4/apps/konquest/konquestui.rc" instead of my
development copy. Even telling "cmake" to use a prefix/installation
directory and installing it using "make install" won't add the file
there and as a result won't make Konquest use it.

The only way I found to make it actually work is to replace
"/usr/share/kde4/apps/konquest/konquestui.rc", which I prefer not to
do. Any ideas or suggestions or a tutorial or a simple hint for me?

Regards,
Alexander