[Kde-games-devel] kde-games porting to QML

Heena Mahour heena393 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 12:30:22 UTC 2013

Hi ,
I would like to know that is there any plan of porting  a kde game to QML
in gsoc 2014 also ?
It can even extended to further porting to QML 2.0 too I think ?
As I ported plasmoids to plasma1 and plasma2 in Gsoc 2013, I was trying to
develop a QML 1.0 game these days . And since by my google summer of code
2013 - portes plasmoids to plasma1 and plasma2  and season of kde 2012 work
on kde games -pairs I am quite inclined towards with working with a kde
game and QML .
Which kde games should one try to port in the upcoming gsoc as libkdegames
lacks the QML component for KGamePopupItem so it would be better to chose a
game that does not use it so that it can be merged to master after the port
i complete ?
I recently also published a tic tac toe game plasmoid in QML 1.0 [1] while
trying to contribute to kde games .
And, also I found out that it seems there is a lack of mentors in gsoc for
kde games so would you like to mentor it again this time (I also have made
a draft proposal :p out of my interest towards this project :P) ?
Though even without gsoc, I am going to contribute to it ;) ,but it would
be great if we have this project in gsoc this time too !
[1]http://kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=161548
Regards :)

--
-Heena