[Kde-games-devel] Meaning of levels Easy Medium Hard in KBattleship / Naval Battle

Roney Gomes roney477 at gmail.com
Tue May 7 05:04:46 UTC 2013

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM, Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Burkhard.

> this game has an option to choose three different levels, but that is not
> mentioned/explained in the documentation so far.
>
> Reading knavalbattle/src/aientity.cpp this seems to be an option only valid
> for single player games against the AI?

Yes. Currently KNavalBattle only supports player vs player in the
network mode. So, it wouldn't make any sense to have AI in a mode
other than the single player one.

> What does the AI do different in these levels, different strategy for placement
> of ships and or shots?

Yes. Depending on the current difficulty level there will be a dummy
or smart AI, each one with a different strategy for shooting and
placing ships.

> What do these different levels mean for the strategy of the single player and
> how to explain that?

Well, "how to explain that" is very subjective. If you plan to improve
the documentation for how the AI works, then I recommend you to follow
the current style the docs have, try to be simple and explicative. I'm
not saying it will be easy. :-)

--
Roney