[Kde-games-devel] building project from source

Viranch Mehta viranch.mehta at gmail.com
Thu May 2 09:52:43 UTC 2013

On 02-May-2013, at 2:30 PM, Jaime wrote:

> Hello Rajat...
>
>   Are you trying to compile KDE SC 4.xx (from git or .tar.gz or src.rpm) using Qt 5.01 ?
>   As far as I know, it can be a complex task (never tried myself).

kdelibs hasn't yet been ported to Qt5, you'll need Qt4, but you don't need to compile it, just use the
distribution Qt (one that came with your ubuntu), this should already be there if you've installed kde from
ubuntu packages. you can install built Qt5 by going to build directory and doing make uninstall.

>   Try to use Qt 4.8.x instead. This should compile easily. And remeber the compilation order... kdesupport, kdelibs, kde-pimlibs, kde-runtime, kde-workspace, (or download the matching .devel packages) and lastly, kde-games.

kde-pimlibs, kde-runtime, kde-workspace are not required to build kde games, order is simply kdelibs,
libkdegames, the game itself, including the dependencies it might complain about.